Friday, June 09, 2006

Zarqawi and Nicholas Berg's Dad: Both Gone

Nick Berg's dad's reaction to Zarqawi's pastoral purchase makes me feel all the more sorry for the guy:

Nicholas Berg's father, a pacifist who is running for Delaware's U.S. House seat on the Green Party ticket, said al-Zarqawi's death is likely to foster anti-American resentment among al-Qaida members who feel they have nothing left to lose.

The dude is so far gone, that he thinks the way to resolve this conflict is to try to get our favorability ratings up within the Islamic fascist demographic.


Berg's dad is a complete nutjob, but God bless him.

Seriously, imagine his suffering. I'd say 10 times and 50 times, respectively, what the Jersey Girls and Mother Sheehan have endured. Let me qualify that a little bit:

Camera-shy Cindy lost a son, but he fell in battle, fighting for the United States of America, on a dangerous mission for which he volunteered. Of course it's tragic, but as far as I'm concerned, if you absolutely have to lose a son, that's the f***ing way to go. I'm proud of him, so surely his own damned mother must be, at least a little. That's got to mitigate the grief some.

Those Jersey broads' husbands died anonymously and the details of their passing are unknown. It's quite likely, therefore easy to imagine, that they went fairly quickly and painlessly and with their dignity intact.

But Berg's dad . . . wow.

Bent over before a video camera, his son's head was jubilantly carved off with a knife. All the while the savages--the sickest most evil savages on Earth--shout out praise to their god, believing that this butchery in some way pleases him. Then, the savages take the images and see that they're digitally reproduced millions of times and delivered before horrified, celebratory, amused, jeering, pitying, inspired, or shocked eyes all over the world. And as it stands, basically, the humiliating ritual slaughter of his son is to be witnessed millions of times by millions of people for the rest of time.

I know this would drive me insane (although I doubt that I'd seek solace in pacifism). Regardless, considering his suffering, I believe he's entitled to far greater sympathy than the women. I've never felt terribly affronted by the dumb things he's said because I honestly don't believe he's actually out to exploit his son's murder, unlike those 5 despicable media vulturettes. As far as that goes, I'm with Ann Coulter.

So, Nick Berg's dad: dumb, perhaps; misguided, certainly. But forgiven, by me at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home